The hurricane season has already started and I believe that there’s a high probability that the present tropical storm “Andres” becomes a hurricane, so please take all your PRECAUTIONS ASAP!
Here’s a list of thing to do BEFORE, DURING & AFTER a hurricane:
- Stay informed via official radio/television ads delivered by the National Weather Service.
- Try to find out where the closest shelters are located.
- Make a place to protect animals and their team work and as appliances.
- Arrange previous agreements with your neighbors and provide an alarm in case of transport evacuation.
- If you decide to stay home, keep on hand the following kit:
- AM / FM radio
- flashlight with spare batteries
- bottled water
- canned food
- can opener
- personal floating device
- Protect important documents with plastic bags
- Close doors and windows.
- Inside your house protect all the glass and windows with an adhesive tape placed as “X”.
- Secure all loose objects that could be launches by the wind.
- Remove television aerials, signs or other hanging items.
- Keep at hand warm and waterproof clothes.
- Seal with cement the reserve water tanks.
- Keep fertilizers and insecticides in water-proof areas to prevent the contamination.
- Make sure your relatives know where you will be.
Hopefully nothing wrong will happen. The following links can help us to understand more about hurricanes and the importance of prevention: